Why Maintaining Your AC System Is Important
Heating and A/C systems may leak or break eventually with usage, causing reduced efficiency heating and cooling capabilities. Regular maintenance will keep your AC system operating at peak performance!
A/C System Issues:
- If your air conditioning blows only slightly cooler air compared to the exterior air
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and mold
- Your cabin does not warm up in cold weather, or is just a little warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate, or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not when idling, or quits blowing when the car is stationary
- Your heating system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
- Low airflow even at the highest fan setting
Comprehensive Evaluation of Heating & A/C Includes:
- Examining the internal controls and blower
- Checking radiator coolant operating temperature, hoses, pressure radiator cap and thermostat
- Inspecting the compressor belt
- Inspecting system and seals for leaks or various other damages
- A cooling system pressure test
- Verifying the A/C pressure meets manufacturer specifications
- Measuring the interior vent air temperature
Auto Air Conditioning Problems?
Have you been sweltering in your car or truck? Perhaps your vehicle’s air conditioner isn’t functioning properly. At McCormick Auto Care, we have the latest A/C equipment to service the new R1234yf A/C systems. To have an air conditioning system serviced, repaired, or replaced by experts consider visiting our shop in Skokie. You can also call us at 847-679-7755 with any questions relating to your vehicle’s air conditioner.
A fan belt is a belt connecting your car’s engine to the front mounted accessories. The fan belt rotates the water pump and engine fan, which maintains a cool environment for the engine and its components. Eventually, your vehicle’s fan belts will dry out and crack. When you are ready for a replacement you can count on McCormick’s Auto Care for all your vehicle’s repair needs.
You not only have to get the belts replaced with quality ones but you should have the work done by the experts. The experts at McCormick Auto Care will thoroughly inspect your car’s belts, replace all worn belts, & adjust the installed belts.
Radiators are heat exchangers for cooling your car’s internal combustion engine. A radiator cools the engine by circulating an engine coolant through the engine block. A radiator has a set of tubes through which the engine coolant flows. When the radiator fails, the excess heat produced by the engine could damage the engine components. To prevent this from happening, you should have your radiator serviced regularly.
Contact us by email and we will respond as quickly as possible.